The cleaning of lawns can be so intriguing if only the right instrument is used such as the best rear wheel drive lawn mower. But come to think of it, why should it be this instrument? Of course, apart from the removing of debris and other unwanted materials, the most prominent way to maintaining cleanliness and orderliness is by cutting the grasses.
Definitely, cutting of grasses with machines such as mower makes your work faster and easier. However, it’s expedient for users to choose the most appropriate type of mower that suit the landscape and the grasses that have grown on it. And that where buyers have to opt between rear wheel mowers and front wheel mowers.
Ignorantly opting between the two can be detrimental. The reason is that front wheel mowers are used on plain and smooth land while the rear wheel drive mowers are great for mowing grasses on steep or hilly lawns.
Their major difference is in their wheels. Users come to realize the difference when the mower begins to tug. The rear wheel tends to be rigid at this time. And provided you need to make straight precision cuts, then what you need is rear wheel drive.
And guess what? The products that we’ll be considering are self-propelled mowers. This helps users to control the drive system of the mower. In other words, users can easily operate the mower as any person drives a vehicle. Also, they use four or three wheels.
And the variable speeds of the mowers can be controlled by using the bar “bail” on the handle, isn’t that magnificent? Of course, this would help one as an individual to mow comfortably and neatly.
Furthermore, we suppose that our amiable readers will get the best piece of information if only we consider the subject systematically. So, get to know how you can effectively use the listed mowers.
Top 8 Rear Wheel Drive Lawn Mowers in 2018 – Reviews and Comparisons:
How to Use a Rear Wheel Drive Lawnmower?
1. Coupling & Cleaning
- Now that you’re ready to mow, it’s time to make available the machine.
- If this is your first time of using it, check the instruction book and couple the mower. The parts that need to be coupled are the wheels and handle.
- Make sure that you get a clean wiper and clean every part of the mower including the top and the base.
- Make sure that the wiper that you’re using is not wet. And not any part of the mower is wet after it has been cleaned.
2. Inspection & Adjustments
- Ensure that you check the screws of your mower before you begin to use them, why? Because it’s noticed that during the maneuvering of the wheels, screws tend to get sheered.
- Make sure that you check if the gas tank and the oil tank near the dipstick at the base are carefully checked.
- Adjust the height of the mower of there is a need to. The adjust lever is mostly found near the wheels.
- Positioning it at the fourth level is generally preferred if you’re not cutting on precisions.
3. Ignition of the Mower
- Please note that we’re considering mowers that feature 4 cycles (that’s because the listed products all have this).
- If in any case, the tanks need filling of engine oil and gas, then use 10w30 pure engine oil. And fill the gas tank with gas that has the octane ratings of 8.7 and above.
- Get the rope which is found at the top of the engine or crossed around the handle. Then pull it with maximum force.
- Try to find out from the label on the body of the engine whether there is a switch to push before pulling. Checking this on the instruction book is brilliant.
Convey the mower to the field and begin to mow. The traction of rear wheel drive is always straight, so hold the handle firmly and mow in a straight direction. This is good for mowing pitches.
You can possibly find products featuring either 3-in-1 or 2-in-1. This means that there are either three or two means of discharging clips. And the various means of discharging clips are among mulching, side discharge, and bagging. Of course, this is for the conveniences of users. Old individuals use mulching because bagging can be an extra work.
The product that you purchase determines the variable speed that the product has. Of course, you can find products that have a single speed. This can be to users comfort or hassles during its use, how? The mow cuts quickly and moves at a constant pace. Unlike those with variable speeds, users can select the rate at which they want the machine to move.
7. Mow: The 2nd Time
It’s better for users to mow twice. This is because this will help to make their work neater. And they will be able to know the areas on the lawn that’s left untouched but it’s covered with clipped grasses.
Immediately you’re done, the next thing to do is to clean and store it right? Of course, but it’s advisable that provided you plan to save it for a very long period that you should discharge the oil residue. Then keep it in a safe and cool place.
8 Benefits of Using Rear Wheel Drive Lawn Mower:
1. Few Functions
If you’re one who doesn’t like an equipment with a lot of functions on it, then this type of mower is what you sincerely need. The functions on it are very easy to master. In fact, you can cognitively know what each function stand for without checking the instructions.
2. Hilly & Steep Terrains
Lawn mowers can be of different types, and the types are best for different kind of land surfaces. This kind of mowers is the best lawn mowers that anyone can use for steep and hilly terrains. Because their rear wheels are firmly grounded while running. So, it’s quite easier to control it while tugging than any other kind of mowers.
3. Fewer Limitations
With the use of this mower, you don’t encounter hassles like low battery and short runtime. Of course, you honestly don’t need a battery to make your gas and oil available. All you just need to make it function is to use the appropriate oil and gas for lucid performance.
4. Optional Discharging Means
The type of discharge that’s used all depends on the user’s preference. Mulching is often preferred by farmers so as to convert the clipped grasses into fertilizers. Also, the mulching and the side discharge helps in the visibility of the mowed areas. The bagging, on the other hand, makes the lawn to be neat.
5. Adjustable Heights
The heights of the mowers can be adjusted into various levels. Different products come with different numbers of adjustable heights but the least level you can find any recommendable mower is six heights. In fact, the adjusting positions can be more one, depending on the product that you’re using. This helps users to discreetly cut with precisions.
6. Friendly Handles
The handles of this lawn mower are quite long and they are mostly designed in such a way that the leg of the user won’t be hitting the bag. And it’s often easy to grip and control.
7. Great for Precision Cuts
This mower is great for straight precision cuts. The mowers steer in a straight direction, so it’s pretty easier using this kind of mowers for straight precision cuts.
These mowers are highly reliable when it comes to easy cuts and easy control. The bail on the handle helps users to easily control the mower.
So, we’ve gone through thick and thin to provide you with the list of products that can flawlessly satisfy you. You can choose any of them and you’ll find out that using them is easy.
Our Picks of 8 Best Rear Wheel Drive Lawn Mowers:
1. Troy-Bilt TB330 163cc 21-inch 3-in-1 Rear Wheel
Do you need a lawn mower that is easy-to-maintain and excellently mows? If yes, then this is what you need. This is one of the best rear wheel drive lawn mowers that use a 163cc engine that is lightweight and highly functional. The torque that is produced by this engine is enough to make your work easier and faster.
Of course, this has three ways of “hauling” grass. It has a handle also. The handle is adjustable and nicely coated for long-term use. Also, it has four wheels of the same sizes that can easily pass on a hilly grassland.
In fact, it has a single lever that aids in adjusting the height of the mower into six positions. In other words, you can use this mower to cut with precisions.
Not only that, it has a rake bumper that packs grasses neatly. In fact, it initiates its operation with just one pull of the Readystart starting system. Of course, you won’t regret using this as it cuts up to 21 inches with ease.
- The dimension of this product is 38 x 24 x 17.5 inches and it weighs 84 pounds.
- It has a single-lever deck that users can use to adjust the cutting system’s height into six positions. The range at which the height of the system can be adjusted to is from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- It uses a self-propel Briggs & Stratton engine that only needs its oil to always be topped and not changed.
- It has a bumper that one can manually be used to rake the already cut grasses.
- It uses our 8 X 8 wheels that can be moved around.
- The handle is sturdy and easy to grip.
- It comes with a deck washer.
2. Lawn-Boy 17732 21-Inch 6.5 Gross
Are you in need of a lawn mower that’s easy to move and it’s about 6.5ft tall? If yes, then here is one that is reliable. This is the perfect easy-to-use mower that any old individual can use without complaints. The assembling is easy with the help of the information on the company’s website.
The parts that need to be assembled is the handle and the screws on the tires have to be tightened. Also, the handlebar is 39 inches tall and it’s just awesome to grip. In fact, it’s coated to ensure that it doesn’t get out of use quickly.
Furthermore, the cutting system of this mower can be adjusted in 32mm, 44mm, 57mm, 70mm, 83mm, and 95mm. In other words, its height can be adjusted from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches. Of course, there is an engine oil that comes with the delivery of the product. All you just have to do is fill the oil space before the first use of the mower. The wheels, on the other hand, makes its maneuverability intriguing. You will definitely like this.
- The dimension of this product is 40.5 x 22.3 x 37.7 inches and it weighs 66pounds.
- The mower is CARB compliant for California.
- It’s of the same features as lawn-boy of 10732 model.
- This product is cheap.
- The traction of the mower on hilly terrain is fantastic.
3. Snapper CRP218520 / 7800968 NINJA 190cc
How enjoyable is it, working with a machine that makes less noise? Awesome, I guess! Of course, it makes your environment serene. In fact, with such a machine you can mow your yard/field and enjoy listening to the music on your iPod at the same time.
So in order to enjoy these benefits while mowing, you’ve got to consider this super quiet mower with exquisite designs. It has all the features that would make your work easy, fast and neat. This is a machine that’s powered by gas and has 6 steel blades at the surface of its deck.
Not only that but also the 190cc engine that this uses contributes to the tranquility of the whole environment by constituting no nuisance. In fact, the maneuvering of the mower is awesome with the help of its front and rear wheels. For cutting precisions, the mower’s height can be adjusted into seven heights. And the handle is awesome as is long and great to handle.
- This product has a dimension of 38.5 x 23 x 19.2 inches and it weighs 93pounds.
- The height of the mower can be adjusted from 1.25 inches to 4 inches.
- It uses a 14-gauge steel blade which is heavy-duty.
- The instructions on how to use it are downloadable.
- This mower is very easy to clean.
- This uses a Briggs & Stratton engines of 190 cc that’s quiet even while it’s operating.
4. Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Honda
Use this Husqvarna’s product (mower) to clear the grasses on your field that’s far from human settlement, and not for your yard, why? Because it can be noisy, especially when it’s consistently in use. But guess what? This mower is capable to make you work faster as it covers 21 inches of width.
Also, it can be heavy due to the large, durable size of the blade that helps in the cutting of grasses, shrubs, and weeds with large stem, it’s not too heavy though! And it’s enjoyable using it with the wheels that can assuredly facilitate your quick movement while mowing.
In fact, it has 3-in-1 means of discharging clumps. And the variable drive system of this mower can easily be used just by squeezing the trigger on the handlebar. The handle, on the other hand, is coated as to prevent corrosion and it’s quite long enough to keep users mowing at their own comfortable pace.
- The dimension of this product is 38 x 23 x 68 inches and it weighs 66pounds.
- This comes with 3-in-1 mulching options.
- The mower uses Honda engine of 160cc to carry out its functions.
- This is a gas-powered mower.
- This uses ball bearing wheels of 8 inches and 11 inches height for the front and rear wheels respectively.
- Its handle can be adjusted into three positions.
5. Lawn-Boy 10732 Kohler XT6 OHV
Make the search for Lawn-Boy mower your ultimate choice if truly you want a mower that is lightweight and runs absolutely well when mowing on hilly terrains. Of course, this is a gas powered mower that is discreetly designed to soothing the wants of customers. There are two positions that its height can be adjusted, for fast operation.
In fact, the wheels are so fantastic that their traction on steep trails is so magnificent. Also, the dome beneath helps users to cut with precisions. In fact, the Kohler OHV 146cc engine that is used for this mower is capable to make a torque of 2800 RMP. The significance of this torque is that it would cause the steel blades to cut grass fast and reliable at users’ volition.
Furthermore, it has 3 discharge means (optional) that users can opt from so that there won’t be clumps littered around the whole compound/yard. Of course, this self-propel mower can be used by anyone irrespective of the user’s gender. And guess what? Your purchase is backed with three years warranty, so you can be pretty sure that you’re opting for a reliable product.
- The dimension of this product is 40.5 x 22.3 x 37.7 inches and it weighs 66 pounds.
- Users can utilize its discharge bag, mulch or side discharge area to haul/dispose of the clumps.
- It’s lightweight.
- This product cannot be shipped to California.
- Its steel blade covers a width of 21 inches.
- This product is backed by 3 years warranty.
- The height of this product can be adjusted to six.
6. Jonsered L2821, 21 in. 160cc GCV160 Honda Walk Behind Lawnmower
Do you need a mower that’s easy to maneuver and capable to mow on all kind of terrains? I guess that’s what every buyer needs. And guess what? This has got you covered with its inimitable features. This is a mower that can keep you mowing your yard for hours.
Its height can be adjusted into 9 positions and there are four areas on the mower that you can adjust its heights. This is a mower that can be used on all kind of fields as it cuts 21 inches. Not only that, but it ensures that all users enjoy maximum conveniences by making available 3-in-1 side discharge, bagging and mulching capability.
This is a lawnmower that can be used by individuals that are above 6.5ft tall only, as it is 7.7ft tall. And with the inclusion of its magnificent variable speeds control, you can be sure of the safe drive of the mower.
- The dimension of this product is 63 x 22 x 44 inches and it weighs 85pounds.
- The cuts at a width of 21 inches.
- The mower has high tunnel cutting deck design that helps in the perfect performance of the machine.
- It uses the Kohler engine to carry out its functions.
- This mower is highly reliable.
7. PowerSmart DB8620 20 Inch 3-in-1 196cc
Keep mowing your compound/field until you’re completely done without any constraint by using this PowerSmart product of DB8620 model. This mower works powerfully well in small yards. I guess you might want to ask, why small yard? Because it has all the necessary features to make your yard look amazing, how?
It’s got a petite design with eight adjustable heights to ensure that you can also make precision cuts even right in your compound. The small structure that this has is absolutely what makes it usable in tight corners.
Of course, it is a tri-wheel mower that doesn’t just make sense for the hilly lands but also has a lock system that helps in the apt maneuverability of the wheels.
Also, it might intrigue you to know that it uses 196cc engine with a steel blade at the deck that covers a width of about 20 inches. Also, users can conveniently determine the best way they can hurl the “shredded” grasses by mulching, using side discharge or the storage bag. In a nutshell, it’s quite easy to use it.
- The dimension of this product is 32 x 22 x 17 inches and it weighs 83 pounds.
- The height of this mower can be adjusted from 1.18 inches to 3.18 inches.
- It’s very easy to maneuver this mower.
- Users can definitely use this for tight regions.
- It comes with 3-in-1 discharging means.
8. Poulan Pro 961320098 Lawn Mower
Have you got a large area to clear? If that’s right, why can’t you make your work fast by using the Poulan’s lawn mower that’s easy to push? In fact, it clears a width of 21 inches with one traction. It uses a 4 X4 drive system which is easy to control.
Also, its four wheels are all 8 inches which make it more controllable when the wheels bounce up the turf. The mower uses 140 cc engine as to make it lightweight and provide awesome performance. Of course, no unnecessary bogging of the mower though it shuts down for safety reasons just like any other self-propelled mowers.
The design of the machine is magnificent and the storage of the machine is quite easy. With the use of this mower, you can choose which method of discharge is most convenient as it comes with 3 optional means of discharging clips. And guess what? The ignition of the mower is superb as it requires little efforts.
- The dimension of this product is 35 x 24.2 x 17.8 inches and it weighs 69 pounds.
- The height of the mower can be adjusted in 4 positions and it can be adjusted into 9 levels.
- This uses auto choke and primer for its starting system.
- The price of this mower is budget friendly.
- It’s powered by gas.
Buying Guide – How to choose the Best Rear Wheel Drive Lawnmower?
1. Factors to Consider
Here are points to consider before opting for a rear wheel drive mowers:
Land: The structure of the land is a major factor to consider. Rear wheel drive mowers work on all terrains. And they’re very easy to maneuver them even on hilly and steep terrains. In fact, they’re mostly used on large scale of land.
Environment: Provided you need a mower that will perfectly clear the grass in your small yard, then you have to consider the comfort of those living in that environment, why? Because they (rear wheel drive mowers) can be noisy and smoky. Of course, these can be dangerous to the health of the occupants. However, electric mowers are preferable in this situation.
Heaviness: It’s mandatory that the lightweight of the mower is rightfully considered. This will ensure that the performance of the mower is magnificent. You know why?
Best rear wheel drive mowers are constructed in such a way that if their movement halts either by getting your hands off the handle or there is a jerk, the machine will automatically shut down. So, in order to avoid this, opt for the product that you can easily use.
Size: The size is another factor that you have to put into consideration. The width of the deck tells better how fast your work can be. However, this shouldn’t displace the fact that the product’s weight has to be considered too.
Heights: The adjustable heights that are available in a mower is another factor that should be considered. If you’ll need to be using it for fields of different required precision cuts, then this factor has to be considered.
Available Methods of Discharging Clips: Consider if the 3-in-1 or the 2-in-1 is the best mower that you need. The three features that you can find are mulching, side discharge, and bagging. Side discharge only lets go of the clips at the length at which they are cut. Mulching, on the other hand, cuts the already cut clips into pieces while the bagging is filling the bag with the clips and clumps.
2. Make a Budget
The truth is that rear wheel drive lawnmower are costly than front wheel drive lawnmower because of their versatility. So, provided you’ve meticulously researched on the basic factors and you’ve come to the acknowledgment that the best mower that you’ll need is the best rear wheel drive lawnmower, then making a budget will be great for you. Of course, you can select from the listed product on this site as they all cover various needs and wants.
3. Search Only for the Best
Utilize the elementary factors that are listed above to search for the most reliable and affordable product. It’s essential that you utilize the information discreetly so as to get the product that you’ll enjoy for a long period of time.
4. Make an Order
Now, provided you have gotten the product that you suppose will be great for you, then what are you waiting for? Make an order! It’s advisable that you make your purchase on either Amazon or from the manufacturers. This is because the delivery may be bad or you might have some problem, so they can easily attend to you if you’re recognized. Of course, these will ensure that all your worries are abated.
5. Check when Delivered
- Once the product is delivered, check if all the components are found in the box.
- Make sure that you buy a product that’s backed by a warranty.
- If there is any complaint about the functions of the mower, contact the manufacturer.
- Provided the delivery is quite not pleasing, contact the company you purchased it from.
This informative article provides the list of the best rear wheel drive lawn mowers that can be easily used by various individuals. The scope of this studies covers the best ways to use the machine and how to get an affordable one.
The article provides also the cons and the pros of the listed products so as to make sure that all readers acquire all the information about the products.
So, we hereby employ our amiable readers that are desperate to procure the best product in the market to utilize this information in making their transaction awesome.